Sunday 1 November 2020

The Life Cycle of a Frog

 


This week we have been learning about explanation writing.  Explanation writing is where you explain a process or why something happens to your reader.  First we had to do some research so we understood the process of what we were explaining.  Next we planned.  We planned our purpose (why we were writing) and then we planned each paragraph. We needed to find technical words we would use in our writing.  Technical words are words specific to what we were explaining.

Next we had to make a diagram of our process.  I used google drawings to make the pictures and added them to the planning sheet.  We had to include a title and a brief description.  This helped the reader see what our pictures were about. Then we wrote our explanation using paragraphs and full sentences.

Lastly we  created our DLO (Digital Learning Object). It needed arrows, audio, images and explanations.  I have highlighted the technical words in red.

I enjoyed learning about the life cycle of a frog.  I discovered that a frog is a young frog with a tail before it becomes an adult frog.  I also learnt about the four cycles or stages.  I hadn't written an explanation before but enjoyed that type of writing because I like writing about facts.  

I found it challenging using google drawings to draw the pictures.  My hand isn't steady enough when using the polyline to make curved lines that were needed for the frog and tadpole/

Next time I would like to add more audio to my DLO and also a glossary to it.  A glossary would explain the technical words to the reader and help them learn more from my DLO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment